From:
Eleanor Symonds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 14:01:53 -0500

I just bought an Omega 8001 juicer.  Unlike the usual high-speed
centrifugal type, it has an auger that rotates slowly and crushes the food.
It's especially good at juicing tough leafy greens.  It also has various
attachments that can make nut butters, grind meat, wash your car, etc. ;)

Here's where it gets interesting.  The online ads mention that the juicer
can "make pasta from steamed rice."  Unfortunately, the instructions only
have a standard recipe for wheat flour pasta, where you prepare the dough
separately in a bowl, then run it through the machine with the pasta
extrusion attachment.

For rice pasta, I don't know if you just push the steamed rice down the
chute, or if there's some sort of recipe involved.  If anyone has tried
this (or ev en if you haven't), your suggestions would be welcomed.

Here's a picture of the juicer:
http://www.macrobiotic-foods.com/shopnew2/pages/428.html

I'll report back with the results of my experiments. :)

Eleanor

* Standard disclaimer:  I have no financial connection with any company
mentioned above. *