From:
Susanne Ritley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susanne Ritley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:09:54 -0500

I noticed an increase in the emails concerning cosmetics.  Below is the
response that I received from Clinique.

-Sue

-------------------------------

Thank you for contacting us regarding the ingredients in our products that
might be unsuitable
for you to use because of your specific condition.

We are attaching a list of grain-derived ingredients, found on our labels,
which will be helpful in
providing you direction.  This information covers products marketed under
the following
trademarks: Estée Lauder, Inc.; Clinique Laboratories, Inc.; Aramis, Inc.;
Origins Natural
Resources, Inc.; Bobbi Brown essentials; Tommy Hilfiger Toiletries, MAC,
Stila, and
Prescriptives, Inc.

Consumers will find ingredient listings on our primary packaging material,
in accordance with
FDA regulations, using names which are standard throughout the cosmetic and
fragrance
industry.  Because of the vast number of raw materials from different
sources, it is not possible
to guarantee that our products are completely free of any of the grains
specified.  The denatured
ethyl alcohol in our products is produced synthetically, with the exception
of the denatured ethyl
alcohol in MAC products, which is derived from corn.

We trust that this information is helpful to you and are glad to have been
of assistance.

Sincerely,

Leigh Wyshosky
Global Consumer Communications