From:
EmmaJane Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:56:23 -0500

I would like to clarify the summary about corn flakes which had a
response concerning the GF status of Health Valley Rice Crunch 'Ems
cereal.  I recently finished consuming an entire box of this cereal with
no illness suggesting gluten ingestion.  I had just purchased another
box when I read the summation response stating that the respondent had
gotten very sick following a meal of Rice Crunch 'Ems.  While I do not
doubt the writer's illness, I have reason to believe it was not due to
any gluten in the cereal.  I contacted Health Valley one hour ago.  The
representative stated that the Rice Crunch 'Ems *are* GF!  They clean
the lines between production of this cereal and any gluten containing
cereal.  They do produce a Brown Rice cereal that is *not* GF so we are
cautioned to not confuse the two different cereals.

I have no financial interest in Health Valley but I want to make sure
the information disseminated here is correct.  If you want to verify
this information, Health Valley can be contacted at 1-800-423-4846 from
8AM to 4PM PST.

EmmaJane Adams
Danville, PA  USA