Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:58:47 -0500

Please let me state before I begin this is my opinion, so I do not get any condemning e-mails from people who disagree !

As American Celiacs, How would you like to order in Gluten Free Pizza, Drop by McDonalds and pick up a burger (with bread), or go to a buffet where everything on the buffet is marked if it is gluten free?   Sounds like wishful thinking huh?
Well -----  I just returned from Stockholm Sweden and did all the above.  It was wonderful !!!!!!!!
The Swedish Celiac association made this possible for Swedish Celiacs.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if all the Celiac Groups here in the US could join together and make this possible for us?  I also found the most wonderful bread mix I have found since going GF almost 5 years ago.  I ate more bread in 10 days than I have in 5 years.  You must understand European dietary guidelines are different from US guidelines.  Some things are allowed that are not allowed here (ie. wheatstarch).  I brought back 10 boxes of bread mix, 4 boxes of biscotti, and oats (yes oats for oatmeal).  These oats are grown in dedicated fields for 3 years before they are sold as GF.  I have eaten them several times with no ill effects.  I may be in the US and a citizen of the US, but as for me I am now following the European Gluten Free guidelines and loving it.  Again, please I do not need a lesson on living GF.
Cecilia
TX