From:
Jackie Belmore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jackie Belmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:03:57 -0500

Sorry.  With my last posting I should have included "and endoscopy" after colonoscopy.  A biopsy was taken with the endoscopy.  My concern was really with the accuracy of the original blood testing after colon perforation.  All of his labs were off due to internal bleeding, leaking from the colon, etc.  I would think that many antibody levels would be elevated due to the fact that colon contents were leaking into his abdomen and his immune response would be elevated.  Am I wrong with this assumption?  This happened exactly one year ago and he has been gluten free since.  We do realize that his levels would naturally come down in response to the gluten free diet.  Our only concern is whether they were falsely elevated to begin with?  Thanks to everyone who have responded so quickly. We appreciate all of your help.

Jackie in St. Louis