From:
Pilgrim South <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 06:28:28 -0600

Dear Listmates,

Many of you are asking me about the bread flour mix.  It is at the bottom
of the e-mail and it is so simple.  I make up a big batch and keep it in my
refrigerator and then just take out what I need when I need it.  Also, it
seems that some of you are having the same problem that I did originally
using my daughters 1 1/2 lb. loaf bread machine.  This recipe rises so high
that it went right over the pan in the 1 1/2 lb. machine onto the
coils.  When we began seeing the smoke coming out of the kitchen we knew
something was wrong!!  :)  We took the dough out, put it into a bread pan
and put it in a warm place to rise again.  To my surprise it did (even
after 2 rises in the machine) We baked it and it was delicious, even though
we had mutilated it!  I then cut the recipe in 1/2 for her bread
machine.  For a 2 lb. machine (the one I was given) it rose to the top but
did not go over the sides.  The problem I had though, since the machine is
not programmable was that it was not cooked all the way through.  I took
the whole pan out of the machine and put it in my oven to finish baking.  I
didn't know if I should have done that but I did.  It seemed to work
alright.  I am going to try cutting the recipe in  1/2 for that machine
myself and maybe it will bake through this time.  So we are back to knowing
for sure, for sure,  for sure, that the best bread machine is one that is
programmable!!!!!  But, we work with what the Lord has given us and stir
ourselves up to thankfulness to be content!   Just know that this bread
really rises, and that is why it is so light and airy when you eat
it!  Just adjust for your machine size.   Below is the bread flour
mix.  Hope your bread goes well and is nummy!  Don't give up.....keep
trying, this is a great bread.  I would have you over for some if I could
and show you!   :)   Pilgrim South

The gluten free bread flour mix:

1 part white rice flour
1 part brown rice flour