From:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:18:06 -0800

ok, went shopping today. I'm going to keep it very simple for the first few
weeks. Just meat and veggies, olive oil from italy, sea salt, and pepper.

I'm sticking to mostly fresh stuff that I clean and cook myself (roommates
be damned! I'll make it work!). BUT I am going to rely on a few packaged
staples that make it easier. I was hoping someone could take a look at this
list and tell me if they think I am on the right track...

PACKAGED DELI MEATS: (I read that these are gluten free, but the ingredients
seem so long and complex, its hard to imagine there is no gluten in here.
Anyone?

Hillshir Farms Deli Select thin sliced premium meat 99$ fat free over
roasted turkey breast."ingredients: turkey breast, water, modified food
starch, salt, sodium lactate, dextrose, carrageenan, sodium phosphate,
turkey flavor (maltodextrin, salt, flavor)"

Carl Budding thin sliced lean deli meat (turkey). Smoked, slices, chopped,
pressed, cooked.package says "Ingredients: turkey, turkey broth,
mechanically separated turkey, less than 2% of salt, sugar, maple sugar,
natural flavorings, carrageenan, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitire, sodium
phosphates, monosodium glutamate"

CANNED MEAT
Swanson Premium Chunnk Chicken Breast in water. Ingredients: checken breast
meat, water, contains less than 2% of salt, modified food starch, sodium
phosphates. I read on a list that this was gluten-free. Again, lots of
ingredients though.

Can anyone recommend some easy to find canned chicken and canned tuna that
is sure to be gluten-free and preferably not highly processed/without lots
of added stuff?

PRE-WASHED, PRE-CUT PRODUCE:
I'm looking at those pre done paks of greens from Safeway.

Fresh Express Hearts of Romaine tripled-washed no preservatives, ready to
eat. ingredients: romaine lettuce.

Ready Pac fresh european style spring mixed triple washed. Ingredients: many
or all of the following freshest baby lettuce (lolrosa, tango, red and green
oak, baby romaine, red leaf, frisee and parella), greens (tat-soi, mizuna
and red and green chard), and radicchio.

Thanks to all for you help!!!!!!!!