From:
Jessica Burt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:42:50 -0500

Hi there,

I have been trying to get info on liquor as well, I will try to pass on
what I have found out...

For a debate on alcohol visit
http://www.fastlane.net/homepages/thodge/ISSUES.txt  (a lot of this is
about vanilla but they make reference to alcoholic beverages as well).
This site has a short list of what they consider to be gluten-free
alcohols   http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-alcohol.html

The Canadian Celiac Assoc. lists alcohol that is distilled from grains
on its safe list, as they say the distillation removes the gluten.

Bailey's is not gf, I just posted my reply that I got from Baileys. They
maintain that it is a gf product, but they don't identify the source of
the malt that they use to make the whiskey.

Tequila is gf as long as it is clear, gold is also gf as long as the
gold colour was obtained through aging and not with colourings.
Sauza Commemorativo Anejo is a gf gold tequila.

I personally believe the following to be gf, based on info from internet
and books but if you want to make 100% sure contact individual
manufacturers...:

Brandy, Cognac, Armagnac, Vermouth, Grand Marnier, Kirsch, Anise, Ouzo,
Frangelico, Jagermeister, Arak, Kahlua, Tia Maria, Cider.

If anyone has any more info, please e-mail me!!!

Jessica Burt
Montreal QC