From:
Bob Yorke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 01:21:02 -0000

Hi to all UK coeliacs reading this.  The site is usually full of
American information, so come on you Brits, lets have some news, info,
etc, relating to our cold and windy island.

If you are recently diagnosed, go to Coeliac.co.uk for info on
cookbooks, support, safe food lists, etc.

I am a 44 year old Firefighter, diagnosed as a coeliac in June this
year. I have had years of diarrehoa, then eventually weight loss and
anemia and vitamin definciency due to malnutrition caused by condition.
As soon as I changed to a gluten free diet, I felt an improvement
almost immediately.   8 months on, I FEEL GREAT, the best Ive felt for
years, no loose bowel movements, have put on 20 pounds in weight, and
all my friends tell me how well I look compared to last year.  I have
found the diet easy to get a grip off, just be disciplined, and dont
take chances.

Good luck and health to all the other coeliacs in the World, and
personally I thank God for giving me a chance to get well again, without
the use of drugs, etc

Bob Yorke