From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:55:37 -0700

The discussion continues . . .
-----------------
I liken celiac/gluten intolerance/wheat allergy the same as alcoholism, it's
a problem you have to admit to and overcome denial and then you can move on.
It takes strength of character to come to terms and know and understand that
by following a healthy diet your physical and emotional state can improve to
a point where your spirituality can shine through.
Oh it's just my take as everyone else probably has an opinion.
Those who don't want to entertain the thought that food effects the body are
ignorant people with their heads in the sand.
Take the newborn babe, they thrive on the mom's milk(most times), take that
from them and you tend to get complications and allergies quickly known by
trying to feed them what God did not intend them to have at the beginning.
There are those that look like they thrive and do it well but when it comes
to complaining I won't listen to my sister, she will not follow the diet
even though she is diagnosed, she mentions an ailment, I mention I had that
one but since I quit eating such and such I'm so much better...  I'm sure
you can see where this is going, she doesn't like to talk with me but she is
the one who just got a stomach staple and for some one 5 feet 4 inches and
being over 300 pounds I don't think this is just a slight overeating
problem, my other sister won't get tested and she's only 5'2" and the same
weight and believes it okay to have diarrhea every morning.
But for the few who lived through HELL, I was nauseated for 7 years and
mostly in bed 2 years with all kinds of shots and drugs but just as horrible
feeling and I was a horrible person to be around.  I am not tempted to eat
wheat/gluten.  I went to the end and wanted the end to come and now I know
and can not go back.  Others must come down this path just as children won't
always take the advise of their parent even through the parent lived it.
Some will suffer much and some will make others suffer much, all we can do
is pray for them.
To each his own denial              Robin in Florida
Here, here!!!  I was not "officially" diagnosed and was told that I would
have to go back on a gluten diet it to do that.  My response was that if
they included a million dollars I would THINK about it!!!  I had more
extreme symptions all of which, I too, hated.
Just letting you know a lot of us agree with you and good for your son!
That takes a lot of willpower at that age to give up the "basic" teenager
diet!
Ann-Marie/Kette Falls, WA