From:
Tina Walia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tina Walia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2006 07:59:06 -0800

I am writing the following in response to issues with flights not providing GF
food.

Here are a few suggestions on carrying your own GF food for long international
flights.  This is possible even for the return flights where we don't have the
 home territory advantage  -- I have done it:

1.  Take nuts in ziplock bags with you (buy at home in US).
2.  Buy bananas (or other fruit) in the city one is returning from, the day
before.
3.  Ask your hotel to boil a few eggs the night before.
4.  Carry dry GF cereal with you (from home in US); keep ziplocks to carry
small packs  in flights.  Ask for milk in the flight.
5.  Carry GF crackers/snack bars from home (if you can, and if allowed).
6.  Keep AltiPlano Gold Quinoa cereal packs (individual packs, ready to eat in
one minute; ask for hot water/milk in flight to prepare).  Carry a small
plastic bowl to make this in flight.  http://www.altiplanogold.com/
7.  Do carry a letter from your doctor stating the need of GF food.  This
should help with customs in different countries.

Regards,
-- Tina
California, USA