From:
"Lani K. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 15:08:13 -0400

CLAN THOMPSON--A NEW USA FOOD SmartList has been released.

Our new food SmartList contains VERIFIED gluten information on around 5,426 items. Information on around 1,129 items was updated and 564 new items were added to our database.

SPECIAL: Subscribe to one of our USA food or drug SmartLists for a year and receive access to our new GLUTEN CHECKER research tool for just $10/yr. (Normally Gluten Checker costs $35/yr.) This offer only applies to customers who purchase directly from the Clan Thompson website at www.clanthompson.com.

The Gluten Checker database contains over 87,000 products - and we will be adding more products with time. By entering the UPC code, the product name, or a short description, such as "candy", you can check ingredients to see which products might contain gluten.

The Gluten Checker does not tell you which products are gluten free. Only the manufacturer can give you that information. However, we can flag suspect ingredients for you and give you detailed information about them.

For more info - or to purchase - visit

http://www.clanthompson.com/ad_glutenchecker.php3

---
Manufacturers reported the following USA manufactured products to be GLUTEN FREE when we verified them in February, March, and April of this year:

Litehouse Foods Sweet Red French Dressing
Litehouse Foods Dilly of a Dip
Edy's Slow Churned Lite Ice Cream - Peanut Butter Cup
Edy's Grand Ice Cream - Rocky Road
Boost Pudding
Laura Lynn Pancake & Waffle Syrup 12oz.
Laura Lynn Sour Cream & Chives Mashed Potatoes 7.2oz.
Laura Lynn Beefy Onion Soup Mix 2.2oz.
French's Horseradish Mustard
Price Chopper Cottage Cheese
Price Chopper Worcestershire Sauce
Coyote Joe's Salsa (all varieties)
Shamrock Farms Peppermint Stick Forest Ice Cream
See's Candies Licorice Medallions
Laughing Cow Cheeses (all)
Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Bar
Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips
Crystal Sauces (hot - extra hot/hot - barbecue)
Crystal Jelly - apple or grape
Wegmans Lemonade Flavor Drink Mix/19 oz. (reg. or pink)
Wegmans Sloppy Joe Sauce 15.5 oz.
El Paso Cowboy Catsup
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Benecol Spread
McCain Smiles fun shaped potatoes
T.G.I. Friday's On The Rocks - Pina Colada
T.G.I Friday's Bledners - Vanilla Caramel Swirl
Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice Tea
Altoids Mints
Wrigleys CremeSavers hard and soft candies

Our Celiac Food SmartList is AVAILABLE IN CANADA Too. Download a Free Demo when you visit our Products/Download page.

Following are just a few of the new items we've added to our Canadian Food SmartList since it was first released in February. They will appear in the next update, due out in May, along with over 160 other new items. The next update will include gluten information on over 2,230 items.

ARLA FOODS

Arla Foods said the following items were gluten free when we contacted them in April, 2006.

Tre Stelle Mozarella Cheese
Rosenborg Traditional Danish Blue Cheese
Dofino Havarti Cheese - Herbs and Spices
Dofino Havarti Cheese - Sun dried tomatoes

WRIGLEY'S CANADA

Wrigley's Canada included the following items on the list of gluten free foods they sent us in April, 2006. In addition, they state that no packaging material directly next to the product contains gluten. When starches are used on labels they come from corn or potatoes.

Big Red Chewing Gum (cinnamon)
Hubba Bubba Tape (56.7g package) - Gushing Grape
Excel Mints - Sugarfree Peppermint
Life Savers Hard Candy - Butter Rum Roll (25 g)
Life Savers Gummies Peg Bags - Sours (170 g)
Altoids - Peppermint (50 g)
Altoids Tiny Tin - Wintergreen (11 g)
Wrigley's Doublemint Chewing Gum (peppermint)

E.D. SMITH

E.D. Smith reported the following items to be gluten free when we contacted them in April, 2006.

E. D. Smith Marmalade Lover's Orange Lemon Grapefruit Spread (67200-01331)
E. D. Smith Fruit Lover's Raspberry Blueberry Blackberry Spread (67200-01304)
Habitant Strawberry  Pectin Jam (67200-24091)
Habitant Light Blueberry Spread (67200-24087)
Habitant Table Syrup

MOTHER PARKER

According to Mother Parker, the following items were gluten free, when we called them in February, 2006.

Mother Parker Cappuccinos - all
Mother Parker Hot Chocolates - all

OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

Outback Steakhouse reported the following items on their menu to be gluten free when we checked in February, 2006.

Outback Steakhouse Aussie-Tizers - Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie (Request no garlic toast.)
Outback Steakhouse Outback Grillers - Chicken Griller (Seasoned rice is not gluten free.)
Outback Steakhouse Botany Bay Catches - Alaskan King Crab (Order veggies without seasoning.)
Outback Steakhouse Desserts - Chocolate Thunder From Down Under (This is a flourless brownie and the pan is not dusted when baking it.)

OLIVE GARDEN RESTAURANT

This restaurant says that changes in recipes and the hand crafted nature of menu items means that variations in the ingredients may occur. Olive Garden makes no guarantees regarding their menu but said the following items were gluten free when we checked in February, 2006.

Olive Garden Entrees - Tuscan Grilled Steak brushed with Italian herbs and served with seasoned broccoli
Olive Garden Entrees - Herb-Grilled Salmon brushed with Italian herbs and extra-virgin olive oil accompanied by seasoned broccoli

*******
*******