From:
Kit Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kit Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:11:23 -0500

Hi listers,

I'm writing an article for Scott-Free on the emotional aspects of celiac
disease.

I want to touch on a couple of things:

1.) The emotional impact that the disease itself has, pre-diagnosis. How did
being ill impact your relationships with family, friends, doctors? Your
self-esteem?
It would be great if you can tell me something about how

2.) How has your social life been impacted by maintaining a gluten-free
diet?  Are you still asked to go out with friends? Do you take risks to go
out (applies to more sensitive among us), have your invitations lessened?
What do you do to maintain relationships? Have you become more isolated...if
so, how does that impact your mental health?  Are you active in a support
group?

3.) Do people respect your judgment on how you handle your disease? Do they
try to coax you to eat gluten? Do they doubt that you are really sick?
If so, how does this make you feel about yourself? Does it impact your
relationships? Does it stifle your

Anyone who can give me some insight on their personal issues, or can tell me
about how someone close to them handles celiac disease, their spouse, child,
friend...I'd be most grateful.

Thanks, everyone...I can't thank you all enough for the insights you have
given me since being diagnosed in 2002.

Sincerely,
Kit Kellison

*******