Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:41:57 -0800

At 12:25 PM 2/26/1999 EST, Bill Avery wrote:

>I see corn tortillas in super markets, some are made from flour, however,
>others sit alongside them made from corn.  Does anyone know if these are
>totally GF.  The ingredients say they are but I'm wondering about cross
>contamination as I can visualize them shutting down the machines from flour
>and going to corn meal without cleaning them...

I'm answering on the list because these questions keep coming up. Some of
the newcomers may not know about the 84 page _CSA Cooperative Gluten-Free
Commercial Products Listing_: $8.00 from: Celiac Sprue Association/United
States of America, Inc., P.O. Box 31700, Omaha, NE 68131-0700.

On page 15 it lists: Gebhardt: Taco Shells

Natures' Hilights: Tostada Shells - Cheese and Vegetarian Bean Rice Crust;
Soy Cheese Rice Crust

Old El Paso: Salad Shells;
Tostada Shells;
Taco Shells

Ortega:
Dinner Kits - Except Soft Taco Dinner Kits & Burrito Dinner Kits;
Taco Shells (Yellow Corn and White corn);
Tostada Shells

Pancho Villa: Taco & Tostada Shells

Rosarita: Taco & Sostada Shells

Taco Bell: Taco Shells