From:
Pam King <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:16:20 -0500

The Center for Celiac Research is offering a celiac blood screening on
Sunday, November 9th.  The screening will take place at the Greater
Baltimore Medical Center (Conference Room D) from 12:00-2:00 prior to the
Maryland Celiac Support Group Meeting. The cost of the screening is $10 per
person and checks should be made payable to the Center for Celiac Research.
Prometheus Laboratories and the Center for Celiac Research are supporting
this event.  Please call Carolyn Evans 410-692-6190 or e-mail
[log in to unmask] for an appointment time.

Those eligible to participate include 1st and 2nd degree relatives to a
family member with biopsy confirmed celiac disease, those with symptoms
suggestive of celiac disease and those with conditions related to celiac
disease.

Following the screening, Alessio Fasano, M.D., Medical Director for the
Center for Celiac Research will talk on "Celiac Disease in the Third
Millennium: Which Future?"

A Social Hour will follow the meeting so please bring something to share
with the group along with at least two copies of the recipe; one for the
group's files and one to put with the dish.  Additional recipe copies are
appreciated so others can take the recipe home with them.

Celiac Walk t-shirts will be for sale at the meeting and soaps by Custom
Renderings and crackers from Hot Kids will also be on sale.

Directions:  From I-95N or I-95S - exit at the Baltimore Beltway (I-695)
towards Towson.  From the Baltimore Beltway (I-695) - exit Charles
Street South - (Exit # 25) and travel approximately 1.5 miles.  Turn left
into the hospital and follow the signs to the Physician Pavilion
East.  Park in the garage, walk to the Pavilion East entrance and follow the
signs to the
conference rooms.  Parking rates:  First 30 minutes are free; 30 minutes to
1 hour ...$2
1 hour to 3 hours...$3; 3 hours to 6 hours...$4; Over 6 hours...$5

Thanks

Pam

Pam King
Director of Operations