From:
Javier Alzerreca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 21:22:22 -0600

Hello listmates,

Hopefully someone will have seen this before, I'm looking for new opinions.

About a month ago I had a colonoscopy. We were looking for a cause for a
pain that I had in a specific location 3 times (my right, below the
stomatch), and no, it was not apendicitis. The pain was so bad, I ended in
the hospital 2 times.

My gastroenterologist said that he didn't see what he found before. Some
"inflated ballons" inside the colon. They would not allow his instrument to
continue forward in the exam, blocking the way. I have setup a web page to
take a look at the pictures taken.

http://cc.usu.edu/~slcpc/celiac/colon.html

Biopsies were taken from these "bodies", and the results were normal, with
no signs of cancer (lymphoma).

I'm a refractive celiac patient, taking prednisone for 2 years now. I'm
very strict with my diet and eat only at home, and very few, very safe
products.

The pain has not returned. I'm scheduled for a new colonoscopy, next month
to see if they are still there.  New biopsies would be taken if present,
the idea being that maybe deeper samples from these "bodies" are needed.

I would like to know about similar experiences and if the plan makes sense.
Thank you all for your time.

Javier in UT.