From:
"Bulmer, Karen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:38:07 -0700

Some list members are looking for stuffing recipes.  I thought this might be
useful to all that are wondering how to satisfy both celiac and non-celiac
company.

Hopefully this isn't too late. Our Thanksgiving was last month and I am in
the middle of moving.

For the bread I just substituted about 2-3 cups of uncooked brown rice to
stuff a 12 lb Turkey and some for on the side (baked in a casserole dish).
Of course I have adapted the recipe over the years but I will try and give
you the basics of the stuffing and you can go from there depending on your
tastes.

1.  Cook brown rice according to instructions.  A day before is best.

2.  Brown 1 lb. of ground pork.  Remove from pan and combine with rice
leaving drippings behind.  If there is not enough drippings add some
margarine/butter (if you can).

3.  1 large onion chopped, 3-4 stalks of celery chopped.  (optional: sliced
fresh mushrooms, don't use canned).  Saute in pork drippings.  Pour all
(including drippings) into the rice and pork mixture.

4.  Add poultry seasoning ( 2 tsp) , seasoning salt  (3/4 tsp) and pepper
(1/2)  to taste.

As I mentioned this is an adapted recipe and I just go by taste so all
ingredient measurements are approximate to my tastes.

Good luck

Systems Analyst, Capital Health