From:
Pat McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 03:02:07 -0500

The Westchester Celiac Sprue Support Group is proud to announce the
pilot phase of the Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness Program. This
innovative new program makes dining out gluten-free a safer, more
pleasant experience and provides a centralized, easy to use, way to
locate restaurants in the New York City/Tri-State area that are aware of
the gluten-free diet and its preparation.

Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness Program representatives have met with
the participating restaurants to explain gluten-free diet preparation
and gain their support in providing individuals with celiac disease a
safer and more pleasurable dining experience. Through this comprehensive
program, participating restaurants have been provided with specifically
designed gluten-free diet reference materials, meal preparation
guidelines, employee awareness posters and sources for gluten-free
foods. The restaurants have agreed to prepare meals that they believe to
be gluten-free--although this cannot be guaranteed.

As of April 1, 2002, four very enthusiastic restaurants are ready to
welcome gluten-free diners. To find out more about these restaurants and
the Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness Program please visit our new web
site:  <A HREF=http://www.glutenfreerestaurants.org/">
http://www.glutenfreerestaurants.org/

When the pilot phase has been completed, many more restaurants will be added.
If you live in, or are visiting, the New York metropolitan area we invite
you to visit and enjoy gluten-free dining at any of our Gluten-Free
Restaurant Awareness Program participating restaurants.

Pat MacGregor
Westchester Celiac Sprue Support Group,
Gluten-Free Restaurant Awareness Program chairperson