Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 07:46:28 -0700

Hi, I'm new to the list and just started eating GF 2
weeks ago. Diagnosed with CD as an infant, but my
parents were told it "disappeared" when I was 4 yo.

Flash forward 36 yrs later and after reading up on CD,
realize I've been having symptoms for 10 years. So,
I'm trying to eat GF. I have an appointment with the
head of gastroenterology at a major hospital near me
in August to find out if he thinks I need the biopsy.

Things have been fine and symptoms gone within a day
or 2 of starting GF diet. Yesterday morning and this
morning, I had mixed Kellogg's Corn Pops in with my
usual rice puff cereal for breakfast. No problems
yesterday, but this morning my stomach has been NOT
good:(  After searching the celiac database, which
lists it as GF, I've realized that Kelloggs produces
it on the same equipment as gluten-containing foods.

The only other thing it could be was the green seaweed
salad I had from a Japanese restaurant last night.

They insisted the only thing in it was seaweed and
sesame oil, and I used my own GF soy sauce. But, I'm
thinking it's the Corn Pops, because usually my
reactions happen pretty soon after eating--not a day
after.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nechama