From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:30:57 -0500

This is a recipe that's made a difference for me.  Since going GF (14
months ago), I haven't been able to find a breakfast food that I like to
eat, is easy to make, and keeps me full until lunchtime.

A few weeks ago, a list mate submitted an easy banana pancake recipe for
kids:  1 banana + 1 egg.  Mix it and cook it in a fry pan.  I've been
fiddling with this original idea and have been eating the results at
least once a day ever since.  Here's the recipe I've finally settled on.

1 banana
1 egg
2 T Bette Hagman's Light Bean Flour Mix
Pinch salt - approx. 1/16 teaspoon
Dash baking powder - approx. 1/8 teaspoon (optional)
Pinch baking soda - approx. 1/16 teaspoon (optional)
Pam

Heat small non-stick skillet on med-high heat.  Mash banana in a small
bowl.  Add all other ingredients; mix well.  Spray skillet with Pam and
add pancake mixture.  Turn heat down to medium.

Cook pancake until bubbles form in pancake, and then burst.  The bottom
of the pancake will be dark brown.  Flip pancake and cook until that
side browns.  Serve with maple syrup or jam.

--The Light Bean Flour Mix is on Page 32 from Bette Hagman's "The
Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy"
--This makes 1 pancake, takes about 10 minutes to cook.
--According to my calculations the pancake has about 240 calories.