From:
Joy Farley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 11:05:48 EST

This list is a wonderful resource.  I received over 60 responses to my
chicken nugget recipe request.  It was overwhelming, especially at holiday
time!  Most suggestions and advice left making chicken nuggets mainly in
accordance with personal preference.  I did receive some specific recipes and
they will follow in a separate post.  Because of the way that suggestions
were sent to me I have summarized in such a way that you can design your own
nuggets.  Enjoy!

Chicken:
-breast
-frozen Tyson breast tenders
-boneless thighs (juicier than breasts)

Dredge In:
-raw egg (may be thinned with water or milk)\
-water
-milk
-melted GF margarine
-egg replacer

Coating:
-corn meal
-finely ground tortilla chips
-Mrs.Robens coating mix
-Kinnikinnick crispy coating mix
-equal amounts of crushed potato and corn chips
-GF bread crumbs
-white rice flour
-Gillians bread crumbs
-equal pars of crushed nutty rice, rice crackers, and potato flakes
-Dietary Specialities rice crumbs
-mix white rice flour, potato starch, and corn meal
-crushed potato sticks
-sweet rice flour
-crushed GF cornflakes
-crushed WASA crispbread crackers
-mix of equal parts Glutenfree Pantry pancake mix and Ener G bread
-2 parts corn flour and 1 part rice flour
-dried potato flakes
-mix of brown rice flour and yellow cornmeal
-crushed potato chips
-buckwheat flour
-potato flour
-cornstarch
-tapioca

Seasonings (to be added to coating):
-cajun
-onion
-garlic powder
-oregano
-salt and pepper
-cumin
-orange or lemon peel
-poultry seasoning
-Lawry's seasoned salt
-McCormick's Old Bay

Cook:
-bake at 350
-deep fry
-fry in olive oil, sunflower oil, safflower oil
-brown in margarine then bake at 350

Other:
One person suggested looking in the kosher section of the grocery store,
especially at Passover time for Meal-mart brand chicken nuggets.

As you can see, chicken nuggets come in many varieties and are subject to
individual taste.  Thanks to all who sent suggestions.  Happy GF New Year!
Joy