Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 1997 07:45:55 +0000

The following is forwarded from another list I am on. It is a link to a
survey regarding the Internet & medical help. I think Mr. Traiger will
find interesting responses from the Celiac Community.
Fran/Oregon

Hello, my name is Dean Traiger.  I am a medical student in my last year
of training and I am working on a research paper about medicine and the
Internet.

My research deals with taking a critical look at how the Internet is
having/will have an impact, be it negative or positive, on the
physician - patient relationship.

I do believe that the Internet as a whole will have a far more
beneficial impact on medicine than negative, but after searching through
the literature I found that there is almost no discussion of the dangers
and pitfalls of using the Internet.

What I am searching for now is the view of others who have experience on
the Internet and can look at the Internet critically for a moment and
can tell me what they feel are the dangers and pitfalls to medicine and
to the patient-physician relationship.

I have prepared two surveys to help me with this task.  One is geared
specifically for physicians and the other specifically for the general
public.  You can answer the survey using any general web browser
(Netscape, MS Internet Explorer, or even Lynx).  The address to reach
the survey is:

   http://www.actcom.co.il/~dean

If you do not have access to the world wide web and would like to
participate in the study, please email me and I will send you a copy of
the survey via email for you to fill out and return to me.

Thank you for your time.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to email me
at any time to express them.  My email address is:

[Listowners' note:  Please do NOT send your responses to the list; send
them directly to Dean Traiger.  We ask that Dean share his results with
us when he has completed the survey.]

Dean Traiger                            Help me with my research!!
Technion Univeristy             Take my survey of how the Internet is
Faculta of Medicine             changing the Physician - Patient
Relationship
[log in to unmask]              Point your browser to:
                                        http://www.actcom.co.il/~dean