From:
Dara Skydancer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 11:07:16 -0500

>Does anyone have
>any recipes or ideas for lunch and dinner that a child would eat?

hmm,, lets see, what did i used to eat for lunch? well, if you have a
bread amchine, you can make your own bread and make simple things like ham or
chicken breast sandwiches.  or you can just make the dough in the
breadmachine and bake rolls in the oven so you can make hamburgers.
and then some fresh fruit afterwards.  or you can make your own gelatin with
fruit juice and plain gelatin.

I lived in England as a child, so I have no idea what the popular food to eat
are here.  I had egg and chips. (french fries).  Fishfingers.  You could buy
pieces of cod or some other white fish, cut them into fingers, dip them in
egg and then in a flour (i think they use corn, but any should work) and
either fry them using very little oil or bake them.  and those you can serve
with a baked potato, or fries, or,,, a little imagination.

what does he like to eat?

As for milk substitutes.  I am lactose intolerant, and so drink lactaid milk.
 However, I suspect casein is something different entirely.  In that case,
there is soy milk and rice milk.  I found the rice milk more palatable
myself, but I'm told the vanilla soy milk is fine. They also make them in
Chocolate, I think.

Good luck.  I hope he enjoys his birthday.  Oh, and whatever you do, don't
feel guilty for "depriving" him of the foods he's used to.  You know you're
helping him.

Dara