From:
Karen Geronime <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:15:28 EDT

My mother is very ill and some of her symptoms are that of someone having
Celiac so I have suggest that her nurse have her tested.  I told her that I
would let her know what the test are and where they should be read tomorrow
so any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

I know she carries the gene for Celiac because both myself and my
step-brother have Celiac.  Please confirm the testing that should be done--I
believe it is the tissue transglutaminese antibody or TTG.  I also believe
that an EMA test should be done if the TTG test comes back positive.  What it
the EMA test?  What reading of these tests would indicate that she has
Celiac?  Also, where is a good place to recommend that these tests be read so
that an accurate reading of results is give.  I live in the
St.Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Thank you for any help you can give.
Karen