From:
Lynn M Dillow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:27:36 EST

This is a delicious, thick, creamy, winter soup.  I cut a thick 'heel' off
The loaf of the gluten free pantry country bread, hollowed it out, warmed it
In the oven, used it as the bowl, and it was great!!!  For my company i had
Panera bread bowls and they never noticed the difference in the flour used in
The soup.  The original recipe calls for the same amount of regular flour in
IT.

3      CUPS CHICKEN BROTH
2      CUPS DICED PEELED POTATOES
1      CUP DICED CARROTS
1      CUP DICED CELERY
1/2    CUP DICED ONION
1-1/2  TSP. SALT
1/4    TSP. PEPPER
1/4    CUP BUTTER OR MARGARINE
1/3    CUP BETTY HAGMAN'S FLOUR MIX
2      CUPS MILK
2      CUPS SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
2      CUPS DICED COOKED CHICKEN

In a 4 quart saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil.  Reduce heat; add
Potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper.  Cover and simmer for 15
Minutes or until vegetables are tender.  Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium
Saucepan; add flour and mix well.  Gradually stir in milk; cook over low heat
Until slightly thickened.  Stir in cheese and cook until melted; add to broth
Along with chicken.  Cook and stir over low heat until heated through.

6-8 SERVINGS