From:
Lydia Parlow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lydia Parlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:04:30 -0600

Thanks to the many who gave me some advice and gave me their experiences!

Here is the summary:

A few people who responded had no problem with taking D. Some where on a
prescription and some were on D3.

Others had gluten reactions and found that lowering the dose helped!

One person who cannot tolerate D at all mentioned that D3 is made from
sheep's/lamb's wool and so if you are allergic it reacts like gluten.

 One person got nausea at a dose of 3000 iu and better when reducing it to
2000 iu of D3.

 One person takes prescription Calcitriol and does okay at 0.25 mcg.

One person who cannot tolerate D2 mentioned trouble with tolerating high
oxalate foods.

One person took D2 prescrition for a while and is trying to now use D3 at a
high dose and find the best amount to take. Has gluten reaction from too
high of doses. Trying to find the balancing point.

Types of D preferred by people:  Pure Encapsulations, Country Life, Vital
Nutrients and GMC Ultra Mega gold, Freeda D3, Carleson's,

One person said to call pharmacy to check if it contained gluten ( which I
had and it checked out fine)

So, I guess it depends on the individual! As for me, I am going back to D3
for a while at a higher dose and see how I do!!!

Best to you all in the quests to "Up our D's"!!!!

Thanks everyone,

Lydia