From:
Scott Mandell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Mandell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 22:28:23 -0600

EVERYONE AT ENJOY LIFE FOODS WOULD LIKE TO WISH EVERYONE ON THE LISTSERV A HAPPY AND HEALTHY HOLIDAY SEASON!!!

As we just celebrated our company's first anniversary this past month, we wanted to take this time to thank everyone for their encouragament, trust and support.  As a result of the demand for our goodies, we have been able to allow more people to find our products in their local stores.  You may now find our products at Whole Foods' stores accross the northeast, mid-atlantic and mid-west regions.  Furthermore, our products are sold in many stores throughout those same regions.  We expect that by this time next year, you will be able to find our products nationwide.  For those of you who can't find our products in your local stores, please feel free to order from us direct via our website at www.enjoylifefoods.com or call us toll-free at 888.50.ENJOY.

Here are a few holiday recipes for you all to try:

ENJOYLIFE CHOCOLATE CHIP CREME DE MENTHE BARS

Ingredients

1/2 C. nondairy margarine
1/3 C. cocoa
1/2 C. powdered sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 C. ENJOYLIFE Choc. Chip Cookies processed into crumbs ( 1 package)
1/2 C. nondairy margarine ( melted )
1/3 C. Creme de Menthe
3C. powdered sugar (sifted)
1/4 C. nondairy margarine
12 ounces chocolate chips

Spray a 13x9 pan with nonstick spray

Melt margarine and cocoa until smooth.
In another bowl mix powdered sugar, egg and vanilla.
Add to chocolate mixture.
Add Enjoylife chocolate chip cookie crumbs.  Mix well.
Press into the bottom of the pan and refrigerate for 20 minutes.

Mix melted margarine, Creme de Menthe, and powdered sugar on medium speed until well combined.
Spread over crumb crust and refrigerate for at least 20 more minutes.

Melt margarine and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.  Keep stopping and stirring at 30 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted.
Spread over the middle layer and chill until serving.

ENJOYLIFE GINGERSNAP PRALINE PUMPKIN TARTLETS  non dairy
CRUST

9 Enjoylife gingersnap cookies
1 1/2 Tbl. Spectrum spread
2 Tbl. sugar

PRALINE LAYER

1/2 C. Pecans
6 Tbl. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Spectrum spread

PUMPKIN FILLING

1 extra large egg
1/4 C. brown sugar
1 Tbl. Cornstarch (or Tapioca Starch?)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 C. pumpkin
1/2 C. rice milk

4 4" tartlet shells
Whipped cream or pareve non dairy whipped topping (optional)

FOR CRUST-

       Combine all ingredients in food processor; divide into 4 balls and press each ball into a tartlet shell making sure to smooth into every curve.

FOR PRALINE LAYER-

       Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until mixture is sticky and nuts are finely ground.  Place 2 tsp. of the mixture in the bottom of each crust.  Bake for 8 minutes at 450- cool for 5 minutes.

FOR PUMPKIN FILLING-

       Combine first five ingredients (eggs through pumpkin spice); stir in pumpkin.  Gradually add rice milk.  Put 3 Tbl. in each tartlet.  Add pecans for decoration.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.  Allow to cool completely.  Garnish with whipped cream or pareve whipped topping.

If you would like to help us out with some additional recipes using our cookies, granola or bagels as an ingredient, please email us back at [log in to unmask] with your suggestions.  Two winners will each recieve $25 worth of our tasty products.

Also, don't forget to click on our coupon link....http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/cart/PDF_files/75ELFcoupon. Simply print and bring to a health food store selling Enjoy Life Foods (find a local retailer at: http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/cart/StoreLocator/store.asp). If you don't have a store in your area, you can redeem the coupon at our Internet store by entering the promo code listed.

Warm Regards,

The Enjoy Life Foods' Team