Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 15:29:55 -0700

I now have the third draft finished of the newcomer's letter. But it's 3
1/2 pages long now and unweildy, and perhaps now inappropriate, to send to
the list. So if anyone is interested in seeing this draft, please let me
know and I'll send it privately. I'm still open to some suggestions if they
don't make it much longer. I simply can't put everything important in this
one letter; it would grow too long, and I am convinced that the longer it
is the fewer will read it. Perhaps a good site that covers an important
topic that has not yet been touched on.

There have probably been thirty suggestions for additional subjects that
should be covered, but we have books for that.  -vance