From:
Mardena Waller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 19:44:29 -0500

Hi List,

You are welcome to attend our meeting in Springfield, and
it's free!!

SPEAKER: Betsy Prohaska, August 5, Sunday, our GFCF Celiac
(and Autism) Support Group in Springfield, Illinois.

St. John's Hospital (Women's & Children's Vecchio),
Rm. R & S, 2:30-4pm.

Betsy Prohaska, author and lecturer, will discuss her new book
and video:"Cooking Healthy Gluten- and Casein-free Food for Children".
Her statement:

"Goal:  Through my lecture, I hope to bring ease and reality to
implementing a gluten-free and casein-free diet.   I will introduce
techniques, products, and resources for bringing this diet into one's
life. I will focus strongly on children, with ideas that range from
school lunches to disguising vegetables, to texture sensitivities.

Among the items discussed will be:

Among the items discussed will be:
1)  Theories behind the diet
2)  The picky eater
3)  Expense and cost savers
4)  Dealing with social isolation (birthday parties and school)
5)  Time savers
6)  Winning over the skeptics
7)  Lists of safe and unsafe foods
8)  Other health issues such as low sugar, healthy fats, minimally
processes, no chemicals
9)  Helpful ideas for cooking equipment
10)  A meal planner will be provided with 30 days of dinner ideas."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Betsy's speech will benefit adults as well as children on (or
contemplating) this gfcf diet for autism, ADD, ADHD, Asperger's, wheat
or milk allergies, gluten/dairy intolerance, and gluten/dairy allergy.
For celiac disease (an autoimmune disorder), 100% gluten-free is
essential, and many celiacs have an allergy or intolerance to lactose or casein.

  Listen to Betsy on WMAY, Don Hickman and Bob Murray Morning Show,
**************     6:35 a.m., Monday, July 30.     ******************

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also, to learn more about the new research identifying autism as
an immune system disorder, read  "Unraveling the Mystery of Autism
and Pervasive Developmental Disorder by Karyn Seroussi, publ.2000,
Simon & Schuster, $24. Karyn is cofounder of the Autism Network for
 Dietary Intervention (ANDI), and coeditor of ANDI News, a quarterly
publication for parents of children with autism using biological
intervention.  Her book provides step-by-step instructions for the
removal of dairy and gluten from the diet, special recipes, and an
explanation of the roles of the key players in autism research.

See gfcfdiet.com, for more resources.

This meeting is open to anyone interested, and is for adults,
and is FREE!  Please bring a gfcf food to share, w/recipe.

CEU's: 2 Continuing Education Units (Commission on Dietetic Registration) for
Registered Dietitians (and DRTs) arranged by Capitol District Dietetic
Association (at meeting).

RSVP, Bev Smith (217) 544-7962, or e-mail [log in to unmask]