From:
R & B Talambiras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R & B Talambiras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:22:25 -0400

Hi Folks,
I'm new at this, but here is my attempt to summarize the few responses I received to my inquiry re GFF eating in Cape May, NJ.
Best bets are Washington Inn, Tisha's, Peter Shields--(but need to remind server to make sure sauces are gf),
There's  a place opposite the boardwalk,  which is white with purple trim, and is in the former Colonial hotel .  There's another place opposite the beach which has a front that opens up to the street, with perhaps a bar upstairs. In these cases, responders could not recall the names.
If you take ferry to Lewes, check to see which weekday the shops (and restaurants?) are closed. Recommendations there are The Buttery and Gilligan's, and a store called Gertie's Green Grocer.
Two responders said to check to see whether there's an Outback nearby.
If there are any more Celiac visitors to Cape May and environs, e.g. Stone Harbor, Avalon, etc., who have some thoughts on restaurants and shops, and places for breakfast/brunch/lunch, etc., I hope you will respond, and I will summarize again.
I live in Bergen County and would also love to hear about gff eateries on the way south to Cape May, especially any that are easy to reach from the Garden State Parkway.
Thanks to all who have responded so far.
Beatrice