From:
FRAN KNITS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
FRAN KNITS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:17:32 -0700

Hi all,

this is an introduction as I was just diagnosed with Celiac and DH.

I broke out in a rash I thought was Lyme disease and was biopsied by a dermatologist who then thought it was very unlikely I had a rare blistering skin condition when the biopsy came back and the lab recommended a second biopsy to confirm DH.

He referred me to a gastroenterologist who diagnosed the Celiac. He also suggested I test my children. My daughter's blood test came back very positve and my son had only one high reading. The doctor wants to see them both. He feels my daughter has celiac and my son is a carrier.

I have been on the Atkins diet for 2 months when I was diagnosed, which made it much easier to adhere to the celiac diet as I was already off all bread and pasta the staple of my diet prior to diagnosis. the only major change is soy sauce which I found wheat free at the health food store. I have to remember now to bring it with me when I go out for sushi!!!!

I live in Westchester, NY and tried to subscribe to the Westchester support group via e-mail but have not received any reply. Is this group still active?

regards to all,
fran