Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 18:42:37 EDT

Good Evening Listmembers,

My son, 45, married with 3 children under 5, a juvenile diabetic since 6,
with an episode of congestive heart-failure at 39, a celiac, now has been
diagnosed with Vitiligo.   Fewer than 1-% of the worldwhie population (according to
the internet on Vitiligo) has this auto-immune skin disease where all pigment
leaves the skin. No need to say, he is very depressed. Michael Jackson is
alleged to have this disease.

My son has already lost all the pigment in his fingers and toes (in less than
6 weeks), has some spots on his chest and legs, and a small spot in the
middle, under his bottom lip.   It is forecast he will lose pigment around his eyes
and mouth also. He is a scientific lecturer whose appearace plays a large
part in his job.   Pictures of this that I have seen leave almost a
disfigurement.

If you have had any success with treatment of Vitiligo, and especially if you
have a good dermatologist, please contact me ASAP.   I have read all the
internet data on it and speed in treatment seems to be very important in retaining
what pigment is left.   We live in Philadelphia but are willing to travel for
a sound dermatologsit with a treatment who can help him.   Quickly.

Thank you for any help you may be able to give us.   Also, may I please ask
you to remember him in prayer?

P. S.   If anyone in Dr. Fasano's office is reading this, can you be of any
help to us in getting a good dermatologist with a sound treatment?

A concerned mother, Jean
Bucks County, Pa