From:
Susan Krauss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 11:30:06 -0700

I received a number of responses to my plea for a duck sauce recipe or a
gluten free commerically produced duck sauce product.

A few people recommended waiting for Passover and buying Kosher for
Passover duck sauce then.  I will definately do this when spring rolls around.

A few people sent recipes.

From: [log in to unmask]
        Here are two I found on the web by just running a search on "Duck
Sauce."  I am sure there are many more.  The recipe from the Moosewood
cookbook says to use White Vinegar.   However, as we do not eat white
vinegar, and this is an orient inspired recipe, I would substitue "Rice
Vinegar" in the recipe.

MANGOLADE DUCK SAUCE

Ingredients, makes one quart:
4 fresh ripe mangos, peeled, sliced and seeded
6 overripe bananas, peeled, sliced
1/2 cup white raisins
1 cup orange juice
1 each red pepper, fine julienne strips
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
4 oz. major grapes for chutney
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup spring onion
3 tablespoons cornstarch to thicken

    1.Prepare vegetables and fruit.
    2.Cook white wine with mangos, ginger, red pepper.
    3.When the alcohol is cooked off, add the remaining ingredients.
    4.Let simmer until all is cooked and blended together.
    5.Let cool.
    6.Puree in a food processor until smooth.
    7.Works well as a BBQ glaze on chicken, pork or fish too.
================

                    Duck Sauce

Categories: Appetizers, Sauces
Yield: 1 servings

         [This recipe has been removed from the logfiles, as]
         [it is copyrighted material---the CELIAC Listowners]

"Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant Cookbook"

Hope these help,
Lynda

I also found a recipe using DejaNews -

posted to rec.food.cooking by [log in to unmask]

DUCK SAUCE FOR CHINESE FOOD

         [This recipe has been removed from the logfiles, as]
         [it is copyrighted material---the CELIAC Listowners]

Thanks for all the replies.

susan
Susan Krauss                            Krauss Research
[log in to unmask]                      http://www.wenet.net/~skrauss