From:
Tom Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:56:08 -0500

Hi Everyone Thank you for all your Responces well here goes:
I tried this one so far and it was easy and SOOOO GOOD:

1
GF Spritz Cookies

1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cup Bette Hagman's "GF flour blend"
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

I did it in a food processor. Cream shortening and sugar well. Beat in egg
and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Mix Well,not to soft. Fill cookie press
and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12
minutes. I like them alittle golden brown. You can add food coloring to
dough and/or use other flavorings.

A few people gave me recipes and suggested makeing little balls and pating
them out then baking. I suppose this could be done as a last resor
t if the
misture won't go throught the press.

Bette Hagman's GF flour blend:
2 parts white rice flour
2/3 part potato starch flour
1/3 part tapioca starch flour
I make this up in a big batch and store in the refrigerator in a canister.
You can convert many of your former recipes such as quick breads, muffins,
brownies, ets., by using 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum and 1 cup of this
blend for each cup of regular flour called for in the recipe. Good luck to
you.

This recipe came from Amy in Chicago,IL,USA, via Karen from NY,USA

2
Spritz Cookies
1 cup butter or margarine
1 egg or 1/4 egg beaters
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon G/F almond extract
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 2/3 cup G/F flour mix (see below)

Cream the butter and sugar together, beat in the egg or egg beater, add the
almond extract.  Mix together flour mix and xanthan gum, add
to the first
mixture and mix until smooth. Roll into small balls, place on ungreased
cookie sheet flatten with a fork criss cross. Bake at 400 degrees for about
8 minutes. Makes 60 cookies

I use the Following G/Fmix for the flour which was posted to the list in
Sept 98 by Cathy Poindexter and ind it works great in most any recipe. I
often use a recipe from a regular cookbook and just substitute the amout of
wheat flour the recipe calls for with the all purpose G/F mix.

4 cups brown rice flour (I have used 2 cups white rice flour and 2 cups
brown rice flour)
1 1/2 cups Sweet Rice Flour
1 cup Tapipca Starch Flour
1 Cup rice polish
1 tablespoon xanthan gum or guar gum
1-2tablespoons unflavored gelatin
1/4 teaspoon ascorbic acid
(last two ingredients hold baked goods together better. Sweet rice flour
may also be clled Glutenous Rice Flour and is available in Asian markets.

This recipe came from Dot in Massachusetts,USA

3
Spritz Cookies
1 1/2c butter or margarine
1 c granulated sugar
1 egg
2 Tbls milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond
4 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 400. Thoroughly cream butter and sugar. Add egg, milk,
vanilla, and almond(gluten free of course). Beat well. Stir together flour
and baking powder,gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing to make a smooth
dough. Do not chill. Place  dough in cookie press and press cookies onto
ungreased cookie sheet. I used parchment paper on my cookie sheets. Bake at
400 6-8 Minutes. Let sit on cookie sheet for a bit after you take them out
of the oven. Cool on rack. Makes 6 dozen cookies. I used the light bean
flour mix from Betty Hagman and because the cookies weren't going to be as
white I colored the entire mixture with green food coloring. I thought they
were quite festive and then sprinkled them with green and red sugar. It
would be nice to do for valentines day too. wouldn't it -with red
coloring.They were just marvelous. Hope you enjoy them Gail

4
Spritz and Gingerbread Cookies
If you happen to have the old Betty Crocker red cookbook , I made the
Spritz cookies in there by substituting Bette Hagmans GF flour mix (with 1
tsp xanthan gum per cup of flour) for the wheat flour. Also the gingerbread
recipe from the same book substitutes nicely.

This recipe came from Karen Bulmer.

5
Animal Cookies

2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
2 1/4 cups non wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup dairy free/soy free margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 oil
1 1/2 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon baking powder,blend with oil and water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
preheat oven to 375F
Blend arrowroot, flour**, salt and baking powder.Set as
ide, Cream margarine
and sugar.  Beat in oil/water/baking powder. Gradually blend in flour
mixture. Fill cookie press and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 10-12 minutes. Leave on cookie sheet for a few minutes before
transferring to cooling rack. Yield 80-100 cookies.
**My flour mixture is 1 1/4 barley flour and 1 cup oat flour. You can also
use rice flour (or whear flour if not allergic)
Variations
Chocolate- add 2 oz. melted baking chocolate substitute 1/4 teaspoon baking
soda for the powder
Caramel-substitute 1/2 cup brown sugar. Substitute baking soda for baking
powder
Orange- add 1/4 cup flour, 1 tablespoon orange juice and 1 teaspoon orange
peel grated
Spice- add 1 1/2 teaspoon assorted spices to flour mixture.

You can also substitute 1/4 cup molasses for 1/4 cup sugar.

This recipe came from Barbra Rowe.

6
Here is a web site that has cookie recipes:

Http://allrecipes.com/directory/683.asp

This was given by Cedilia Vohl

7
There should be one or two more if they arrive I will post thank you
everyone. Enjoy, I know I will. Linda