From:
"Robert K. Cassatt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:19:34 -0400

Hi Folks:

I want to summarize the replies to my question about the shampoos and soaps.

In my original post I asked if anyone had problems with Pantene Pro-V
Shampoo Plus Pro-Vitamin Conditioner In One, and Dove Ultra Moisturizing
Body Wash.

One response was that the DH takes a long time to clear up and maybe it was
just coincidental.

One person said to check for Vitamin E in the product because it may be
derived from wheat germ oil which is cheaper than soy derived vitamin E.

One person uses the Pantene product with no reaction at all.

The shampoos that were said to cause no problems are:

                Finesse
                Suave brand shampoos and conditioners (namely Strawberry)
                Suave Naturals,
                Salon Selectives
                White Rain's Natural forms

Ones that caused problems were:

                Clairol Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner
                Depp hair gel
                All Bath & Body Works products (contain wheat or oats)

For body soaps the only response was from someone who used Johnson and
Johnson Ultra Sensitive Baby Wash with no problems.

I hope this helps someone else.

Thanks, Bob