From:
Jim Lyles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 23:34:24 -0500

Kemp asked:

> Some time ago, there were posts about some people having short term
> reactions to some of Pamela's products....Someone then said they got
> quite a few similar responses from others off the list and were going
> to contact Pamela's.
>
> Has anyone having such a reaction gotten a answer from Pamela's?

This subject was addressed in the Winter 1997 issue of _CDF Newsletter_,
published by the Celiac Disease Foundation in Studio City, California:

--=====--=====--=====--=====--=====--=====--=====--=====--=====--=====--
Pamela's Products:  It is time to quash unsubstantiated rumors about
this fine vendor of GF products.  The following quote comes from
Pamela Giusto-Sorrels, president of Pamela's Products, Inc., on Feb.
27, 1997:  "Pamela's gourmet wheat-free and gluten-free products have
been eaten by thousands of celiacs in the past nine years across North
America and internationally.  I take great care to assure all
facilities and equipment are carefully cleaned, that product is
produced on dedicated days, and that my production is regulated with
quality control procedures which are strictly followed by trained
staff in state-inspected Kosher facilities.  I....scrutinize all
ingredients to assure they apply to a gluten-free diet.  I take great
pride in producing quality wheat-free and gluten-free products and
invite comments, questions, and/or concerns anytime."  For more
information call (415) 952-4546.

Jim Lyles ........ <[log in to unmask]> ........ Holly, Michigan, USA