From:
Ruth Arcuri-Kovacs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 20:45:59 -0400

Re: my suggestion from yesterday (that we respond through our support
groups to the FDA about new labeling for food allergens/precautions by
Aug 13 when they meet in Washington, D.C. at Voice of America
Auditorium) --- I've received about a dozen replies, all favorable; over
half included the same request. i.e.  not everyone has access to a
support group, so it is requested that the 'form-letter' be posted to
the Listserve to be copied by individuals who have no celiac group.

I think this is a great idea - maybe a number of group-leaders could
submit their letters to the Listserve so that listmembers might have a
few to choose from.

Our wording would be different, style would be different --
maybe it's best if they don't ALL look the same, anyway.

Or, maybe just reading examples of letters might inspire others to write
their own.

Our group meets Monday and I'll work on my version over the weekend.
Others have replied to me that they were already planning  to do the
same thing or have already completed a letter ---  (Wow - that's fast work!)

There's strength in numbers, right?  We  have increasing numbers --
let's see what we can do all-together.

To repeat from Jere's original post sent May 31-
Submit comments/concerns to:

Dockets Management Branch, HFA-305 FDA, 5630 Fishers Lane,
Room 1061, Rockville, MD 20852

also - send copy to
FAAN (Food Allergy and Anaphylactic Network,)
10400 Eaton Place, Suite 107,
Fairfax, VA  22030-2208

Ruth in Winchester, VA.