From:
Mike Binkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 21:06:56 -0600

I have a 3yr old boy who was just diagnosed w/Celiac by an MD approx 2
weeks ago.  He had a biopsy and blood test done to confirm.  He has been on
a GF diet for two weeks.  My question is how long does it take for his
symptoms to start going away (e.g. when will his stools start to be
'normal')?  It actually seems like he's gotten slightly worse since
starting the diet.  Has anybody else experienced symptoms getting worse
before they get better when starting the GF diet??

Any advice on how to deal w/this w/a 3yr old (and younger sibling) would be
appreciated.  Also interested to know if there are any  local support
groups (Minneapolis,MN area) or listusers.

By the way, this board is a GREAT resource.  The postings of recipes and
research that people have done is very helpful.

Email:  [log in to unmask]