From:
Deb Wheaton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deb Wheaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:13:06 -0400

Hello List Mates,
Once again, the entire article is on my "Celiac in the News" page here: http://www.notevenacrumb.com/celiac-in-the-news-1.html#tp

The take-away from this article: Nearly five times as many people have celiac disease today than during the 1950s, according to one recent study. Another report found that the rate of celiac disease has doubled every 15 years since 1974 and is now believed to affect one in every 133 U.S. residents.
"It's quite widespread," said Dr. Alessio Fasano, director of the Center for Celiac Research and the Mucosal Biology Research Center at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. "We thought there were regional differences in the past, but now we know it's everywhere."

Deb Wheaton
www.notevenacrumb.com
"Raising Awareness, One Crumb at a Time"

*******
*******