From:
Jackie Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jackie Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2006 18:43:24 -0700

Hi -
When I first posted, I said that we found a product called Glutenease
whose label said it helped a person to digest casein and gluten.  We
bought it to see if it would help our celiac  daughter to digest casein
(no way were we going to try it out on gluten!!).  She has a delayed
allergy or intolerance to dairy products (casein) and may or may not be
lactose intolerant.  She gets migraines when she eats casein.  She took
the Glutenease and ate M&Ms with Peanuts - and got her usual migraine.
I asked if other people had any luck using Glutenease.

No one in the first batch of responses had tried Glutenease, although
several remarked that M&Ms were probably not the best choice to test
the efficacy of the supplement.  After I sent my first summary on this
subject, I got some additional emails from people who had tried it or
had other suggestions.  I am including the bulk of them below.

Also, since then I have heard of a probiotic from Pharmax called HCL
Mindlink which was designed for people with autism and is supposed to
help longer term with the digestion of gluten and casein.  We may try
that next and will report on our results. --- Jackie in AZ
****************
I have tried glutenease for Gluten.  My first experience (4 breaded
mozza sticks) went great!  Unfortunately, when I went out to eat 6 days
later and ate onion rings, I was sick for days.  So my guess is that it
helps a little but not enough.  I am saving the bottle for when I go
out to eat as a prevention of accidental ingestion.  I tried posting
this info to the list but was told it was too inflammatory b/c of my
initial success.

*******
I take a mega vitamin thrice a day along with extra glutamine, B-6,
zinc, selenium, Cal/mag, cod liver oil, and B-12 shots.  This is
because I know " the normal absorptive power is never restored fully."
Also if you read what top young athletes are eating and taking for
natural development, this regimen is not enough and they have a
normal/perfect stomach.

Therefore I suggest Cut back to rice, potatoes and plain meat and
vegetables.  100% certain GF and wait for the healing to take over.

Plus I would suggest a full exercise schedule to get the body
recuperative juices flowing.
**********
A recent post mentions "GlutenEase by Enzymedica which reportedly
assists with gluten and casein digestion." Readers should be aware that
this is NOT the recently reported AN-PEP enzyme which has been shown to
rapidly detoxify gluten in laboratory studies and may hold promise for
the future. (There have been no human studies of AN-PEP and the enzyme
is not commercially available.) Enzymedica makes claims of efficacy on
their web site but I could find no documentation or reference to
clinical trials there. I would personally be very wary of any product
making such claims without
documentation based on human clinical trials that have been published
in reputable, refereed medical journals.

Be careful out there!!!

For more information on AN-PEP, see the article on the "Endonurse" web
site
at:

http://snipurl.com/ui1e

*****
I know this is frustrating for you and your daughter.  I was unable to
have lactose for quite awhile and did use some of the rice and almond
based cheeses with success.  They don't taste exactly the same but made
a very good grilled cheese sandwich.
*********
I don't have any information about GlutenEase, but I've found a
non-dairy rice milk chocolate which is really quite good.  It's made by
Terra Nostra,
and I buy it at one of our local health food stores (even if one in
your area doesn't carry it, they may be able to order it for your
daughter).
Maybe it'll take the edge off of some of her cravings...

The following webpage will tell you more about this chocolate:
http://www.terranostra.us/pages/12/index.htm
************
Yes to your question. I got glutened when we had gone out to dinner. I
was very ill, had (D) bloated, stomach cramps and could not stray  from
the toilet. I heard about /glutenease and took 2 pills on the 3 day and
all my symptoms stopped. It was wonderful. Tonight we went out to
dinner to a ma pas restaurant and I asked them to give my husband the
bread. They brought me the chicken ontop of the  bread and the bread
was touching the veggies.

I told htem that I was very allergic to wheat and she knew that I said
that, but didnt get it. So I asked for her to bring out a new chicken
breast cooked and my veggies and no bread, which they did, but I didn't
trust them. I took to GlutenEase and my V-gest enzymedica enzymes and
did fine!

*******
*******