From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2012 22:13:10 -0400

I flew out to San Francisco from Philly a week ago and returned today.  Reporting progress....

The April snack options on both trips included

GoPicnic gluten-free multigrain corn chips and salsa
180 Snack blueberry and pomegranate trail mix...labeled gluten-free (which I bought)
Plain M & M's
Hershey chocolate bars (plain)
Blue Diamond salted almonds....no mention of wheat in the warning, just other nuts

I take this trip about 3 times a year to visit grandkids, and this is the first time they had a relatively ample supply of gf options.

I can't guarantee these will still be the selections in May, or if everything is available everywhere.  Hey, they run out of food on the planes these day, in general.  I always bring my own stash, if nothing else, than for emergencies and delays.  But I am seeing more and more gf stuff at airports...and now on the US Airways flights.  I will try to email US Airways to thank them.

I read an article in their magazine today, about the chef who creates gourmet meals for their first class, overseas flights.  It said that he relies on feedback that the flight attendants get from passengers.  So I spoke up...although I wasn't in First Class.  But the attendants really didn't care, nor were they aware they had anything gf on their carts.  Oh well.  Not a perfect world, but still progress.

*******
*******