From:
"S. Christie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 12:54:52 -0400

A few people have asked about the list I mentioned using from CSA/USA.

I carry the CSA Cooperative Glutin-Free Commercial Products Listing (3rd
Edition) June 1997 into the stores with me.  It is a purple paperback of 84
pages.  It lists baby foods, baking products, beans, beverages, breads and
crackers, candies and gum, cerials, cheeses, condiments, desserts, entrees
and main dishes, fats and oils, flours, starches and baking mixes, fruits,
health and beauty aids, ice creams and frozen deserts, malt, malt extracts
and malt flaverings, meats, poulty and seafood, milk, milk replacements and
yogurt, nuts and seeds, pasta, pharmaceuticals, rice, salad dressings, sauses
and sause mixes, snacks,soups and broaths, spices, herbs and seasonings,
vegetables, vinegars.  It also has phone numbers, suppliers of gf commercial
foods, companies that say they have NO gf products and comany spacific
ingredient information.  In the back are two samples of letters to use when
writing companies for gf information.

The user should still read those labels and check with the companies to see
if things have changed.

The Drug Information Guide is also available and is only seven pages.

I tried copying a list of GF foods into a small notebook and lost it in the
store the first time I laid it down to check a label.  It is still lost.
 This one is not heavy but is big enough to find again.  Also, it is easier
to read than a hand gathered list.  I reccomend it highly.  It is worth the
eight dollars I paid for it.

It took a long time, maybe six weeks to get the book.  If you are ordering
but in the mean time wish to check on an item I will be glad to look it up if
I have a moment.  Keep in mind I am a home school mom and a disability rights
organizer and some days are especially busy.

The book can be ordered from CSA/USA: Celiac Spue Association/United States
of America, Inc., P. O. Box 31700, Omaha, NE  68131-0700, Phone 402/558-0600.

I am not a member of this organization and am not making any money or even
getting thanks from them for referring you.

S. Christie