From:
Kathleen Mayo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathleen Mayo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:33:41 -0600

Hi all,

I asked a while back for advice on a river boat cruise on the Rhine in
Germany / eating in Germany.

Several people said they had done such cruises before with Vantage and had
good experiences.

My cruise was with Uniworld aboard a ship owned by Holland River Line and
what can I say -- at the first meal, without even identifying myself to the
waitress, a plate of gluten free toast was slipped in front of me, without
other folks at the table even being aware I was being given special food!
From there it only got better.

Our travel agent made sure word was sent to the boat (River Queen) a month
before we sailed, and they brought on board gf bread, pasta and all kinds of
wonderful foods for me.  I feasted three meals a day!  I had gf pizza made
on some of the toast the same day everyone else had pizza so I wouldn't feel
left out, and never ate the same exact thing twice!  The chef (Simon) did an
amazing job!

I would HIGHLY recommend the experience.  Just make sure your travel agent /
uniworld understand word needs to get to the ship well before you sail, and
they will do everything in their power to accomodate.  Simon told me he'd
cooked gf for passengers in the past, and he tries everything before he
offers it to a passenger to make sure it tastes good, and he did GREAT by
me!  (They even brought on dairy free cheese for me!  And it was wonderful!)

I will gladly take another Uniworld / Holland River Line Cruise again! :)

kathleen

Until you walk a mile in another man's shoes... you don't know why he has
blisters.
~Kay Kellam