From:
Patrick Meyers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 01:51:50 EDT

hi, thanks for all your responses...

<Try calling Stokes Pharmacy in NJ (don't have the 800 number handy but if
you want it I can locate it) and see if they can compound this for you with
NO allergens. Or find a local compounding pharmacist and find out if they can
do it for you. I am allergic to corn, dairy, eggs AND gluten. I usually have
to get all of my meds compounded unless I get real lucky and find them
without anything offensive in the brand name. sometimes there is another
brand of the same med without the problem ingredient. I know, I have been
through this many times, believe me, and I always find a substitute that
works just as well.>>

<<Cant' you take lactase enzyme pills (ie Lactaid) to deal with the
lactose?>>>

<<You can find out in there are generic brands of Klonopin.  Call those
companies and maybe you will find one without Lactose.

I know you said "Don't ask" but I was wondering.  Are you bipolar?>>

[BTW, no I am not bipolar, but good guess!]

<<<If you must take the lactose med, you must.  Unlike celiac, you can do
something about lactose.  You can take the pill with gf Lactaid or you can
take it at night so the gas doesn't bother you as much.

Lactose intolerance cines in within 24 hours, sometimes within 1/2 hour.

Lactose ingestion in an intolerant person does NOT cause damage to the
villi.  Once a person is on the gf diet for a while (sometimes 6-12
months), he can tolerate lactose.  So there is hope at the end of the
rainbow.  Try not to worry too much until you find out for sure what the
problem is.  You can check on the lactose by drinking skim milk on an
empty stomach - no reaction-no intolerance.

That's about as easy and cheap as a test can get.>>

<<Please stop whining.>>

[LOL! this was funny to me, but true. I have been whining. It's just a crazy
turbulent stressful game this "I'm not sure if I'm Celiac but suspect maybe
so when is that darned doc gonna call!" game I am playing, and I thank
everyone for tolerating me. I'll try to chill out : )  Ok this is supposed to
be a summary and now I'm babbling on and on...

Patrick