From:
Joan Yakscoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan Yakscoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:25:23 -0500

I was diagnosed with a yeast infection in my esophagus 2 weeks ago.  The GI
put me on medication but did not have me change my diet in any way with the
exception of no alcohol (not that I would want to drink feeling like I do)
I was starting to feel better but came down with a cold on Sunday and now
my throat is killing me. (This was the prevailing symptom that brought me
into the GI to begin with).  I also have GERD and I am taking medication
for GERD.    I'm not sure if it is the cold or the fact that I have still
been eating carbs and sugar and this is why I seem to have relapsed.  I
don't think it is the GERD.    I go back to the doctor next week.  I'm just
wondering if anyone ever had this and how they were treated and also how
long did it take for the infection to go away.  The doctor said that most
people who get this type of infection are on inhaled steroids or are having
chemo which is not the case for me, and they are puzzled as to how this
came about.  I am miserable.