From:
gary durak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
gary durak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:28:07 -0600

Dear friends on listserv,

I am looking for a list of cities which others on this list have perceived as providing good medical knowledge and treatment of gluten intolerance or celiac disease.

My questions is:  If you have celiac disease or gluten intolerance, and you could live anywhere in the US where would you live?

I am concerned about aging Celiac's.  Recently I had a CT scan.  No one associated with any of my care related to having the scan (for example concerns about contrast materials, etc.) even thinks about gluten issues. I h ad to drink this contrast material and my physician had no clue why I would worry about what it consisted of!  I did call the company and it said it was gluten free, but the thought of always having to be so vigilant is scary.  I don't mind being vigilant about it, as long as the physicians respect that vigilance, but my experience is they minimize it, and don't seem to really understand.

I am thinking what is going to happen to those of us who really need an internist as we age and need more intensive care?  How will we find hospitals who are gluten free or sensitive?

So, if anyone can write about positive  places they live that have medical clinics, hospitals, etc, that are really knowledgable and sensitive to our issues, I would really appreciate it, and I am sure others would also.

I was wondering about cities like Louisville, Cincinnati, Phoenix, Minnesota, Atlanta, and so forth.

I will share with list.

Denise