From:
judy beck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 17:20:05 +0000

Hi. I've done an archive search and haven't found a definitive answer to
the question: Can we have Brewers Yeast?  I used to take it regularly
for blood sugar regulation.  Then I stopped. For the past couple of
days, I tried it again.  Right now I feel lousy.  (My symptoms are not
digestive, but manifest as profound fatigue).  I called the company, and
they insisted that there was no gluten in yeast...but they really didn't
seem to have a clue as to what I was asking them, which was "what medium
was the yeast grown on?"  Perhaps I'm reacting to something else.  (I
also tried a cosmetic I don't usually use.)  But does anyone know the
real scoop on Brewer's Yeast? TIA, Judy in Santa Cruz, CA.