From:
Teresa Wendt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2011 17:35:23 -0400

Teresa
From Alice: I have tried a few of the Miss Robens mixes andthey were pretty nice.
http://www.allergygrocer.com/miss-roben-s-brand/cookie-mixes.html

Schar's Cocoa wafers contain none of either as do probablysome of their other things, possibly their dinner rolls.

FromMartha: The Cravings Place makes awesome bakery mixes that are gluten free,dairy free and egg free. They are so good you would never know that they are dairy/eggfree. I am not sure if you are able to find The Cravings Place brand in yourarea, if not you can purchase them from A Gluten Free Frenzy. They are locatedin Wisconsin but happy to ship, they are currently working on their on-lineshopping option--hopefully will be available in the next month or two.

From Nola:  Best andeasiest bread is from the Pamela's bread mix made with a stand mixer. Onlychange from instructions on the package for egg-free bread is to reduce thewater by 2 tablespoons. Loaf must be cold to cut and is best the next day. Thebread must be toasted but is tasty. The package also has several other egg-freerecipes. It is cheapest in bulk from Amazon on subscription.
    Otherwise, she should look forgf recipes that only require one egg and substitute EnerG egg-replacer. Thatshouldn't be a problem for cookies, scones, and some muffins. You can actuallyuse it for 2-3 eggs, but I have best results when the recipe is not structuredby eggs and only calls for one. The old wacky cake recipe (which has always beenegg-free) converts well to GF.  Wacky Cake –do a GoogleSearch. Replace flour with gf and remember to use xanthan gum.
   More allergy friendly GF cookbooks arecoming out, and when avoiding eggs, GF-Vegan is a handy label. My standby treatis a GF, egg-free brownie recipe from Carol Fenster's "Cooking Free".I mix the dry ingredients and put in Ziploc bags, then mix in a minute in myfood processor and bake 22 minutes. Almost instant gratification!
   Your friend should also look at thewebsite of "Gluten-Free Goddess." She has the same limitations, manyof her recipes are going to be just right, and her tips are terrific. Goodluck.
From Nancy: Go to the library and see if youcan find a Carol Fenster cookbook. Carol does a lot of substitutions in recipesand will have something for eggs. Carol owns Savory Palate and you might evenfind something on her website www.savorypalate.com.
All 1-2-3 Gluten Free products are egg free and GF. Thereare egg free recipe variations on the boxes and internet.  They areexcellent products.  www.123glutenfree.comproduced in the USA, in  a dedicated GF, egg-free facility and certifiedGF by the GFCO.
Hereu got a verity of gluten free and egg free product
http://www.glutenfreepalace.com/Egg_Free_s/213.htm

FromDon: All I have is this page: http://gfrecipes.com/eggrepl.txt

FromLisa: My family has liked Gluten Free Natural mixes. (<www.GFNfoods.com>)They doask for eggs, though. Ener-G makes a powdered egg replacement.
   I just found a really delicious ready-made buckwheatgranola made by kaia foods.They have a chocolate one!

FromSherene: most of Jules Gluten-Free recipes, can be made with egg replacer.
   This cake is wonderful.http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2008/05/banana-coffee-cake.html.All her recipes are vegan and many are gluten-free. Those that aren't aregenerally easy to convert using a straight gf mix
   I just use a gf mix instead of the wheatflour
   Many of these recipes are gfef http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/Ttell your friend to google vegan and gf, that's how you find the gfef recipes.

Ihave found many good recipes here
http://healthyblenderrecipes.com/

FromLaurie’s iPhone :): Ifyou or she has an iPhone. There is an app that has all gluten free recipes andthey give substitutions for all other allergies. Ie: egg, nuts, milk, etc. It'scalled Cook It Allergy Free.

Mr. Ritt's bread mixes are gluten free andegg free. You can access are resellers via our web site.  The are designedfor a stand mixer and baked in the oven, not a bread machine mix.

FromLisa: Although our family is not egg-free, I do have a few tried and truerecipes which are...they all come from this website: www.nourishingmeals.com.

   My favorite recipe from them right now istheir vegan sandwich bread:
http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2009/04/best-gluten-free-vegan-sandwich-bread.htm.I make a loaf, slice it, freeze the slices, then defrost and make sandwiches wheneverwe want them. It's great toasted or not.

   We also just made egg-free buckwheat carrotmuffins from their cookbook (The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook). Everything Ihave made from this website or their cookbook has been delicious and nutritiousand many of the items have been egg-free.

Mostlibraries carry cookbooks for people with multiple allergies. She should checkany near where she lives. If she does not have a library card take lots ofdimes for the copy machine.

From Carla: All of my gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free recipesmay be found at this link: http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/category/recipes/dairy-free-recipes  Itincludes one of the best bread recipes I have ever had, Crusty FrenchBaguettes!  It was contributed by an author of a gluten-free cookbook. All you have to do is go to the link and click on a title of a recipe. While scrolling the pages, just click on "Older Entries" at thebottom left to reach more pages.

From Diane: You can substituteflours - the secret is the flax.
Gluten-Free Flax Bread
   Thisis my adapted version of a popular recipe from recipezaar.com.  It’s adjusted to be egg-free anddairy-free.  Also, using quinoa flour keeps it moist.  I use a verydeep loaf pan which helps provide support for the GF bread.  A deep breadpan can be purchased at Central Restaurant Products in Indianapolis:  http://tinyurl.com/yk6mrt2
   Whateverloaf pans you use, fill the pan only half-way so that it is supported duringrising.  You may need to adjust the baking time down a little for smallerpans.
Combine dry ingredients:
1 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup flax seed meal (whole flax seeds ground in a coffee mill)
2 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Combine liquid ingredients:
4 1/2 teaspoons egg replacer
1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons vinegar
In separate mixing bowls, firstcombine the dry and liquid ingredients. Blend the liquid
ingredients, then gradually add the dry and stir together to moisten. Scrapethe sides
and mix on medium for 4-5 minutes. The texture will become very smooth.
Coat a 9x5 loaf pan with vegetable oil, and cut a piece of parchment paper tofit the
bottom of the pan. Add the dough then let rise in a cold oven about 80 minutes.
Remove from oven, preheat, then bake at 350F for about 40 minutes. Remove from
pan, cool, and slice.