From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 22:29:22 -0600

Hi All,
Some of you may remember my post about a little girl who keeps falling
down, and the attending pediatrician's refusal to refer her to a gastro for
testing for celiac disease.

Well, the mom and the little girl saw a neurologist today. I am happy to
report that in the face of the neurologists reluctance to test for cd, the
mom insisted, and blood was drawn for antibody testing for cd. I applaud
her courage, as I know how difficult it is to try to persuade too many
medical professionals.

I believe that the massive response from the list helped her push for that
testing, and I am grateful to all those who took the time to post their
ideas. I believe the sheer volume of folks, many with their own stories
about neuromuscular difficulties, others offering cash if that would help,
and still others urging testing because cd in someone that young is so
treatable, and who knows what vitamin and mineral deficiencies could be at
work? Still others suggested a trial of the diet, and others suggested
testing in the U.S.

I don't know if she has cd or not. I do know that people with neuropathies
of unknown cause should be tested for cd because it is so frequent in that
group.

Anyway, I would like to thank every one for their suggestions, and I will
post the results of the blood tests as soon as I hear.

Best Wishes, and thanks again,
Ron  Hoggan