From:
jbramble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 21:56:25 -0400

I received few responses as to whether or not Five Brother's Alfredo
Sauce was gluten-free. I did get in touch with someone at Lipton who
could not tell me if it was GF. However, she did say that the modified
food starch was from corn. She also said that they did not have a GF
product list, which surprised me because I saw one in the archives.
Later, I found a passage on their website that says to call and they
will send you a GF list. I have yet to call back, but do plan on doing
so.

Here are the responses I received from list members:

1. I know the Alfredo is ok....

2. The 2001 list probably hasn't been done yet.  TCCSSG does their list
in October.

3. I've avoided it because of 'modified food starch'...which may vary
well be OK (corn).  I haven't called to check.  But, I do use "Classico"
brand alfredo sauce.  It specifies corn starch, and a smaller list of
ingredients.

Thanks.